Maruti is the Indian car brand that has left the strongest imprint on the country for more than two decades or so. The company’s tagline, ‘Way of Life’, is quite indicative of how much of an impact Maruti has made on Indians across different age groups and locations. The brand has grown leaps and bounds since its inception in 1983. Today, it is one of India’s largest car manufacturers with a market share of more than 33% and over 2 million cars sold every year. In this article, we will be exploring what makes Maruti so popular among car buyers in India. But first, let’s get acquainted with some interesting facts about Maruti.
Are you an Indian? Then, you must be a Maruti fan.
Indian consumers have had a long-standing relationship with Maruti. From the ‘80s to the ‘90s, this was the only car that Indian consumers had access to at the time. So, when Maruti launched the Maruti 800 in 1983, we can see how the car became the most popular one among Indian consumers. With the launch of the Swift in 2005, the brand made a strong comeback and captured the hearts of the youth. Even today, these models are among the top-selling cars in the Indian market.
Maruti has 3 facilities with a total production capacity of 2 million cars annually.
Maruti has a production capacity of 2 million cars annually from its 3 facilities spread across the country. This makes it one of the most vertically integrated auto companies in India. Maruti’s fully integrated operations allow it to control the quality at every step of the production process.
With the launch of Maruti Suzuki’s new breed of SUVs by NEXA, we can expect to see more Indians going for SUVs in the coming years.
Maruti Suzuki’s new breed of SUVs by NEXA, the Grand Vitara, was launched in 2022 amidst much fanfare. With the Grand Vitara, Maruti is aiming to widen its target market and attract more customers who were earlier reluctant to purchase the brand’s hatchbacks. The Grand Vitara is a great car with features like an electronically controlled suspension and a stiffer frame than that of other brands, making it a great buy for Indian SUV enthusiasts.
Leading Vehicles by Maruti Suzuki
- Swift – The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been the top-selling car in India for 6 years in a row.
- Baleno – The Maruti Suzuki Baleno was the first car to break the 1 lakh sales mark in a year.
- Grand Vitara – The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is the new breed of SUVs by NEXA.
- Wagon R – The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is a compact car that comes with a space-efficient design.
- Dzire – The Maruti Suzuki Dzire is a sedan that comes with a fuel-efficient engine.
- Ertiga – The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a MUV that comes with a spacious boot and a host of other features.
Maruti Suzuki Swift being the top-selling car in India for 6 years in a row and Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the first car to break the 1 lakh sales mark in a year, these two models definitely deserve a place on this list.
Maruti Suzuki has been in the business for long enough to understand the needs of Indian car buyers. Their exchange offer is a good example of how the brand tries to win the hearts of its customers. Under this exchange offer, customers can exchange their old car for a new one and also take advantage of attractive discounts and rebates on the new model. The process is simple as well; all you need to do is visit the nearest Popular Maruti showroom with your old car and get a free valuation. Once approved, you can upgrade to a new car.
This is another service provided by Popular Maruti on a complimentary basis. If you own a car from the brand, then you can take advantage of this service and get help from their service partners in case of an emergency. All you need to do is dial the Popular Maruti Roadside Assistance number and wait for the service personnel to arrive. You can choose to get your car towed away or get a battery jump-start at no extra cost.
Car insurance is something that every car owner needs. However, getting it can be a tedious process. Popular Maruti has simplified this process by offering car insurance services to its customers. If you own a car from the Maruti Suzuki range, then you can take advantage of this insurance plan and enjoy coverage for third-party damages, third-party medical expenses, and car repair expenses. These are some of the reasons why Maruti is the most popular car brand in India. With its robust lineup of cars and a host of customer-friendly services and schemes, the brand is sure to stay at the top for a long time.
The most popular vehicles and their on-road costs are listed below:
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga On-road price is ₹9.46 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza On-road price is ₹7.99 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto On-road Price is ₹2.99 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift On-road Price starts at ₹ 5.91 Lakh and goes up to ₹ 8.84 Lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire On-road Price is ₹6.24 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R On-road Price is ₹4.80 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio On-road Price is ₹5.25 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso On-road price is ₹4.25 Lakhs.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 On-road Price is ₹4.99 Lakhs.